- Our final day on the road. Forty-three fantastic days. Every single day was amazing. Truly!!!
- We left Louisville and hit the road early, hoping to outrun Hurricane Sandy and make it home with one long day in the car. We stopped in Clarksburg, WV for lunch at a restaurant serving up hot dogs since 1933.
- On the road, we passed convoys of tree-trimming trucks heading north in anticipation of work from the hurricane. About 30 from Virginia, 10 from Texas and 3 from Florida.
- We finally returned to the land of full-service gas and happily filled up.
- Finally, home sweet home.
Welcoming the “Donner Party” back to NJ….
Glad Thelma & Louise have arrived back in NJ !!! Hope that Sandy hasn’t caused too many problems for you. What a fabulous adventure y’all had – I loved reading about each and every day of your journey.
You two are amazing!! Loved all the beautiful photographs and the musings of the travelers. Very creative gals! Thanks for sharing – I will miss the blog! Peggy Woods, Atlanta