- Yoga with Rodney Yee in the room
- Strolled along Canadian side of Niagara Falls; water is surprisingly blue-green
- Visited Jamestown, NY, birthplace of America’s favorite redhead, Lucille Ball. Fun Facts: Lucille (as they refer to her in Jamestown) went to vaudeville shows with her grandfather in Jamestown which inspired her to pursue an acting career in NYC.
- Jamestown is an impeccably maintained small city but we were asked by a toothless young woman for a quarter. A quarter? Really?
- Chautauqua and the Institute – utterly fascinating. Reminiscent of Ocean Grove, NJ and Oak Bluffs on Martha’s Vineyard. Utopian community from the late 1800’s. Seems to have stopped in time.
- Concord grapes in Westfield, NY – home of juice king Dr. Welch
- Dinner at Pufferbelly Restaurant in Erie, PA – an old fire house converted to a fascinating eatery. Refreshing Railbender Ale & Presque Isle Pilsner, both by the Erie Brewing Company
Today’s Jersey Junction is brought to you by Melissa our waitress, born, bred and still living in Erie PA. Melissa has never been to New Jersey but when we asked her what was the first thing she thought of about Jersey, she said “old school Italians”. Not the answer we expected but a good one!
So tomorrow we will head to the Little Italy of Erie, PA.