- Walked along Erie Bayfront. Stopped for coffee at bait and tackle shop..chatted with “Elmer”, Erie old timer.
- Visit to Erie’s Little Italy—pizza supply/bakery/deli/salumeria/grocery store. Bought biscotti, apple tart and the world’s largest Italian sub on a giant loaf of fresh bread with hot peppers of course!
- Photo op in Erie Little Italy renewal effort..murals, signage and we met the community garden caretaker.
- Onto Cleveland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Highlights (and there were many): Al Green’s white leather rope fly tight pants with pink and green flower vines … SWEET….love Soul Stirrers blues gospel early influencers. Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, Jagger sequined jumpsuits and frilly tops!! Boss Bruce was everywhere!!
- A night cap game of…yes…..Bowling!!!…One of Cleveland’s fun sports. Woo hoo!!!!
As we walked to the R&RHOF from our hotel, we encountered a chatty fellow hotel guest, from across Lake Erie in Canada. We certainly learned a lot about him and his town Leamington. When we were finally able to squeak in that we were from New Jersey, he said he thought we were from Pennsylvania and then turned and bolted ahead of us no more chat. Go Jersey!!!!
Theme of the Day
As David Bowie sang, “Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes”… all along Lake Erie.