- Very happy with our accommodations. Followed the lead of a local Indian woman who suggested a hike-the Notch-ladder and all to a great view. So we did it. Glenda brought her mega binoculars which proved to be useful later.
- Glenda made me do it. So queer…we had to go to the ranger station and get our National Parks Passports stamped with the date and the official park stamp. Cringe factor: off the charts for this sophisticated Jersey girl 🙂 See the picture below. Does anyone recognize the body part from: Royal Pains, Blue Bloods, Pan Am or Law and Order SVU??
- Since we conquered the first hike so easily we decided to go for the big girl hike “Medicine Root Loop”. This was where we encountered Big Horn Sheep (which, frankly, look more like goats if you ask me..but then again I am not the best on animal identification). Fortunately girl scout Glenda had the mega binoculars at the ready because I was sure they were a pack of hikers all dressed alike on some kind guided tour/hike. When she zoomed in..surprise!!! a herd of animals!!
- Having been overcome by too much nature, we had a hankering for a tacky tourist opportunity. On we went to Wall, SD home of Wall Drug-renowned worldwide apparently for offering free ice water and five cent coffee to all comers.
- On the way to Wall here is who we met: ..who knew these prairie dogs squeak just like fresh Wisconsin cheese curds??
Another resolute failure on the Jersey front. Honey, there are just no people out here!!
Theme of the Day: A walk in the park (not like any park we have back at home)
Next up: Mount Rushmore, Custer, SD